Overview of Problem
The Connecticut Department of Public Health presents an interactive dashboard with drug overdose data to increase public awareness about the impact of the opioid crisis in Connecticut. In this dashboard, demographic, geographic and type of drug-related overdose information can be visualized through the years from 2015 to 2021.
Overdose Data to Action Report
The Quinnipiack Valley Health District & The New Haven Health Department partnered with the non-profit Data Haven to produce a report reviewing substance use, overdose & treatment trends within our five towns.
State Crafted Reports
DPH Monthly Drug Overdose Death Reports:
- Drug Overdoses Monthly Report, December 2019- March 2021
- Prescription Drug Monitoring and Reporting System Report, February 2021
- Unintentional Drug Overdose Deaths in CT: Fact Sheet July 2021
- Unintentional Drug Overdose Deaths Involving Different Drugs in CT (2012-2019)
CT Statewide Opioid Reporting Directive (SWORD) The Connecticut Department of Public Health Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS), in collaboration with the Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) at UCONN Health, and pursuant to Public Act No. 18-166, Sec. 5 have enacted a real time reporting mechanism for Opioid Overdoses in the State through Emergency Medical Services called the CT EMS Statewide Opioid Reporting Directive (SWORD). All CT certified and licensed EMS organizations and providers are now reporting to the CPCC after any call where the patient is suspected of opioid use causing decreased responsiveness, respiratory depression or death, whether or not naloxone was administered.
All data is then uploaded to ODMap, an overdose surveillance system, that allows local health and EMS to visually monitor overdose activity and trends in real time. Reports are published monthly and provide a comprehensive overview of opioid overdose activity across the state including heat maps, demographics of those impacted and narratives on findings from the field.
- SWORD September 2021 Newsletter
- SWORD August 2021 Newsletter
- SWORD July 2021 Newsletter
- SWORD June 2021 Newsletter
- SWORD May 2021 Newsletter
- SWORD April 2021 Newsletter
- SWORD March 2021 Newsletter
- SWORD February 2021 Newsletter
- SWORD January 2021 Newsletter
SWORD Annual Report (June 2019 – May 2020)
Monthly NHHD & QVHD Overdose Data Reports